For those who might be considering involvement in Rotary, and with Toowong Rotary in particular, we currently offer four categories of membership:
- Active: (meaning full fee-paying membership, which comes with all the benefits of being a member of Rotary International with access to the wider Rotary family of over 32,000 Clubs throughout Australia and Worldwide).
- Associate: (while entitled to participate as regular attendees at Toowong Rotary meetings and events, Associate Members may elect not to become full fee-paying members for a stipulated period of time, in which case they are not recognised as members of Rotary International during that period). It is intended that Associate Members will make a decision on whether they wish to graduate to Active membership at end of their agreed period of Associate membership.
- Family: (where more than one member of a family wishes to participate in Toowong Rotary activities, they will have two options – (1) both family members may elect to become full fee-paying Active Members OR (2) one applicant may elect to become an Active Member, with the remaining applicant classified as a Family Member at a reduced rate of annual dues).
- Corporate: (corporate entities may wish to add Rotary to the list of charities it supports, whether it be by way of donations to the Club or as recognised sponsors of particular events. Rotary International and Toowong Rotary see tremendous value in such partnerships, and as such the Club is prepared to offer Corporate Membership at individual Active Membership rates – see below. At the same time, Corporate Membership will entitle up to three additional employees of the company to attend Rotary meetings and events). For further details on these and other benefits of Corporate Membership, please contact our Membership Director on Mob: 0417-326-449 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Guidelines below apply to existing and intending Active Members and, with some variations, to Associate and Family Members . For further details regarding Associate and Family Membership categories please contact our Membership Director using the phone number or email address noted above.
Toowong Rotary is a progressive, non-
We actively seek new members on an ongoing basis. We are keen to attract community minded men and women of good character and good professional standing, irrespective of age, race, religion, political affiliation or sexual identity.
We are particularly interested to receive membership inquiries and applications from current and impending retirees and also from early-
No Joining Fee:
There is no joining fee. New members may however be asked to pay a small amount to cover the cost of their Rotary polo-
Active Membership dues are currently set at $140 per half-
Orientation & Training:
On joining, all new members are assigned a Club Mentor, and enjoy access to the broad range of professional and personal development advice available through our existing members. They are also invited to attend orientation briefings and training seminars that are held periodically by the Club and our District 9600 administration.
Club meetings are held once per week (on Wednesdays) in various formats from 6.00 pm (for 6.30 pm). The current venue for our regular meetings is the Wests Rugby Club (Function Room Level 1, 65 Sylvan Rd, Toowong). To add interest, informal meetings are occasionally held in local restaurants and other suitable venues where the emphasis is on relaxation and having fun.
While the Club encourages members to attend meetings as regularly as possible, we recognize that other commitments can affect individual members’ ability to attend on a regular basis.
As a general rule, attendance at an average of 50% of meetings is seen as a minimum requirement. However, attendance requirements can also be satisfied by a proportionate combination of meetings – e.g. 30% attendance at regular meetings – plus as-available participation in other Club activities (e.g. fund raising events, social outings, visiting other Clubs, etc.). Participation in a Club event or other related activity (in lieu of a regular meeting) is considered to be attendance at a regular Club meeting provided it occurs within 14 days before or 14 days after the scheduled Club meeting.
To meet the needs of busy people, the Board is also willing to grant requests for extended periods of non-
Where a member is unable to attend at regular Club meeting in a particular week, the member concerned may, if they so wish, be credited with attendance if they instead attend a meeting at another Rotary Club or participate in a Rotary e-
Currently, members are required to pay $25 to cover dinner costs at meetings. This amount may include a component for the hire of the meeting room and/or for the presentation of a small gift to our Guest Speaker. The Club may also be required to guarantee the caterer a minimum number of dining members in order to meet its contractual obligations, or else pay the difference from Club funds. This requirement limits considerably the Club’s ability to invite non-
Each member on joining will be entrusted with an occupational Classification based on that member’s profession, business or type of community service. The Club may seek to draw upon a member’s expertise should a particular community-
Termination of Membership:
Membership may cease for any of several reasons, including:
- the member chooses to resign from the Club or transfer to another Club
- the member has not paid their Club dues within a reasonable time after they fall due – being not longer than 40 days unless otherwise approved by the Board.
attendance at Club meetings over an extended period of time without Board approval.
- The member has engaged in activities that could bring the Club into disrepute.
Members have the right to appeal against Board decisions relating to termination.